Copyright 2022 @ Cryptocurrency NZ
The NZ P2P Crypto Marketplace
Est. April 2021. Christchurch, New Zealand.
The Discord server where Kiwis can discover P2P crypto buyers and sellers across New Zealand.
The NZ P2P Crypto Marketplace Discord server was established in April 2021 by Harry Satoshi to make it easier for Kiwis to discover and communicate with person-to-person (P2P) crypto buyers and sellers across NZ. We originated from the Buy & Sell Cryptocurrency NZ Facebook group and migrated to Discord for improved functionality and localization. Welcome to the world of P2P crypto trading.
Across the world, governments, centralized monopolistic financial institutions like the FED and international organizations like the WEF continue to push for harder regulations and control around decentralized digital currency – such as through the form of AML/KYC. It’s no secret crypto like Bitcoin and Monero pose an existential threat to much of the existing global financial matrix of power.
In New Zealand and abroad – exchanges, retailers and particular individuals who transact/buy/sell crypto are classified as VASPs (Virtual Asset Service Providers) who must follow regulatory guidelines or face fines, penalties, seizure or worse.
Since 2016, New Zealand AML law has required NZ crypto services to collect and share information on their users to the IRD and NZ Govt, including data such as names, wallet info, order history, device information, IP addresses, and more.
You will often hear the argument that KYC/AML is necessary, that it’s only a force for good, however this absolute stance doesn’t tend to consider the dark history of government overreach, the vast potential for abuse, and the true intentions of unelected international conglomerates like the the WEF, IMF, or Federal Reserve.
It is not conspiracy to point out there is a global push from the legacy financial establishment to control, regulate and monitor the emerging crypto market, arising concerns around discrimination, mass surveillance and financial rights.
What is the NZ Crypto Marketplace?
The NZ P2P Crypto Marketplace was established in April 2021 to make it easier for Kiwis to discover and communicate with peer-to-peer crypto traders in NZ.
After joining the NZ Crypto Marketplace, you’ll find a range of channels for each major region, (#Auckland, #Wellington, #Christchurch, #NZ Wide etc), where you can discover and converse with P2P traders in your region on your own accord.
Please read #rules_and_info upon joining. URL: https://discord.gg/WzcxjChzGd
What is P2P Cryptocurrency Trading?
P2P (peer-to-peer) trading is the act of buying or selling crypto directly between two users, without the use of a middleman to facilitate the transaction process.
P2P is the rawest form of cryptocurrency trading available, with its own pros and cons revolving around the safety of the trading process and the benefits of acquiring crypto where you’re not required to compromise your financial privacy.
A P2P crypto trader is any individual who buys and sells cryptocurrency directly between other users, instead of buying through an exchange or retailer in NZ.
Must-Read Notices for New Members
- The NZ P2P Crypto Marketplace is a community group of likeminded Kiwis, and is neither a platform or business – similar to a Facebook buy/sell group.
- The enter the NZ P2P Marketplace, you must agree to the disclaimer; acknowledging you are fully responsible for your own transactions, vetting, and server activity. Admins/mods take zero responsibility for your outcomes and have no involvement in the trading process. If this isn’t for you, we recommend other ways of buying cryptocurrency in New Zealand.
- This server has become the target of imposter scammers, posing as admins and sending private messages to new members. If you receive a message from anyone claiming to be the owner or someone of authority, always assume they are a scammer and that they have intent to empty you of your hard earned money. Always report scams in #scam-alert.
- You must read the #Rules_and_Info and agree to the Xx_House Rules_xX before gaining access to #Marketplace, #Forum and #Development channels.
- Before you make your first trade, it is critical you learn the basics of P2P, the risks involved and the standard protocols. All new users are required to visit the #scam-prevention and #scam-alert channels as this will equip you with insight into the common tactics used in person-to-person scams in NZ.
- The NZ P2P Marketplace is powered by it’s own purpose built reputation system, helping members identify who has logged previous trades. This is far from bulletproof is is not in any way a vouch from admins on who is safe to trade with. It is a community-maintained system which in no way or form is a recommendation on who to interact with. Please visit #reputation-system and #verified-trades to learn more about how this works.
- For general discussion on NZ cryptocurrency trading, investing, mining, NFTs, shitcoins and beyond, please head to the dedicated Cryptocurrency NZ Community Discord.